- Change text size
As the largest support organisation of its kind in the world, Transplant Australia represents a diverse range of members all working to lift organ donor rates.
Already a member?
Login to update your details.
Please note down your Membership ID (and Family Member’s ID if applicable) as you will need this later for the Booking Forms..
Join Transplant Australia Now
Please select below from the membership options below.
Transplant Australia’s membership is open to:
- Transplant recipients and their families
- People waiting for a transplant including those on dialysis
- The families of those who have generously become donors
- Living donors and their families
- Medical, nursing and administrative staff involved in organ and tissue donation
What we offer all members
- A caring and supportive network of people who all believe in organ and tissue donation
- Friendship, support and recognition
- The opportunity to register as a Community Champion to spread the word about organ and tissue donation, either as recipient, donor family or living donor
- Social and sporting activities at a local, State and national level, including the Australia Transplant Games and World Transplant Games
- Regular newsletters and communication
- Undertake a Charity Challenge - a great way to help you get to the Games
- Our unique travel insurance program for your holidays and overseas travel
- Membership of your relevant State Branch and the opportunity to serve on committees, advisory/working groups to support Transplant Australia objectives
- An opportunity to actively participate in the affairs of Transplant Australia through voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
For recipients and those awaiting a transplant
- Education, access to nutritional, lifestyle and exercise information
- Our Jouney of Hope support program
- Up-to-date medical information regarding side-effects and latest transplantation developments delivered through meetings, newsletters and online
- Representation to Governments, the Department of Health and Ageing, the transplantation sector, the pharmaceutical industry and the community on issues affecting recipients and those awaiting a transplant, including those on dialysis
- Participation in the Australian and World Transplant Games
- The opportunity to thank donor families
For Donor Families
- Sharing stories with other families who have experienced organ donation first-hand
- Thanksgiving and rememberance services and the ability to celebrate your loved one through the Transplant Games
- Tree and rose plant ceremonies
For living donors
- Representation to Government, employers and the general community on issues affecting living donors, including paid leave and work entitlements
- Thanksgiving and other celebratory events
- Recognition of your generous gift through the Living Donor Star Pin Program
The costs are as follows:
a) Cost is $15
a) Cost is $25
Donor Families and Living Donors
a) Cost is $0. Donor Families and Living Donors receive honorary membership.
Medical, nursing and administrative staff
a) Cost is $0. Doctors and nurses receive honorary membership.
International competitors and supporters
a) Cost is $0. This category is only for people who reside outside of Australia and are participating in the Australian Transplant Games.
Transplant Australia Membership form
Standards of Conduct
Travel Insurance for recipients and family members
A comprehensive travel insurance policy that includes medical cover for both recipients and accompanying persons is now available through Chartis Travel Insurance.
Transplant members will receive a 30% discount on the normal travel insurance cost but there is a one-up assessment fee (only for recipients) that receive approval from Chartis for travel insurance. Details of this will be provided by Chartis when applying for the insurance.
To obtain the insurance you will need to quote your membership number. You can obtain this by logging in to http://www.transplant.org.au/ and clicking on membership.
Once your policy is in place it can also be used for any other travel undertaken by financial Transplant Australia members.
For full details download the form below:
Chartis Travel Insurance